Having a tune-up for your furnace or boiler before the colder days of fall and winter set in is the smart way to stay warm and cozy in your home. Regular furnace and boiler maintenance will also keep your heating system operating efficiently and increase its lifespan by 30 percent. If you haven’t yet scheduled a furnace tune-up or boiler tune-up for the colder seasons, be sure to do so today.
What’s Done During a Furnace Tune-Up and Boiler Tune-Up?
During a furnace and boiler tune-up, a heating contractor arrives with a long checkpoint list of tasks to perform. Typical tasks during a furnace tune-up include:
- Full Visual Inspection: A heating contractor will do a full inspection of the venting system. Venting ducts are check to make sure the joints are well-sealed and in good condition.
- Mechanical Parts: The blower-compartment covers and furnace cover are removed for an inspection of the unit’s mechanical parts. If the filter is dirty, it will be replaced.
- Blower: Using specialized mirrors, the blower is checked for any obstructions, and the blower motor is lubricated.
- Burners: The burners are removed and thoroughly cleaned. With the burners removed, the furnace chamber is then inspected for any defects, including separated seams, holes and rust. The sensor and pilot are also cleaned.
- Safety Tests: The gas meter is clocked to check the rate of fuel usage. There is also a safety test to check the flue products for carbon monoxide levels.
Typical tasks during a boiler tune-up include:
- Visual inspection: The boiler is looked over to make sure it is up-to-date with current standards
- Fired: The boiler is fired to make sure all parts are in proper order.
- Component check: All components, including the heat exchanger, flue terminals, main injector and burners are checked and cleaned of debris.
- Gas Valve: If needed, the gas valve will be adjusted.
- Gas Leaks: The unit is thoroughly tested and checked for gas leaks.
HVAC Services and Products at Gartner HVAC Heating & Cooling
At Gartner HVAC Heating & Cooling in Des Plaines IL, we offer a wide variety of HVAC services and products, including tune-ups. Our customers can take advantage of our Internet coupons for savings on our products and services. Be sure to take a look at our website for the latest discounts. In addition, we offer flexible financing plans for new HVAC equipment. Our flexible financing plans come with low and deferred interest rates for a monthly payment that will suit any household budget.
Committed to excellence and great customer service, all of our technicians are NATE certified, and we offer 24/7 emergency service. If you have a sudden breakdown, we’re just a quick phone call away. In no time, we’ll have one of our skilled technicians at your doorstep for an expedient repair.
If it’s time for a new HVAC system, you’ll find that we offer a wide selection of leading brand innovative HVAC products, such as geothermal heat pumps, energy efficient furnaces, hybrid systems and ductless systems. Call us for a free quote today.